Effective as of October 30, 2018
Marquee Arts Limited (“Marquee” of “the Company”) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our users and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your legal rights.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page, and where appropriate notifying you by email. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
1. WHAT DOES THIS NOTICE COVER?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
2. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 4, below.
3. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 9.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 9 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 9 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 6 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 9. Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner's Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
4. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you use this website, please bear in mind that we may record:
- the areas of the website that you visit; and
- information about your device, such as which browser you are using, your network location, the type of connection you are using (e.g. broadband, ADSL etc.) and your IP address.
- if you create an account or subscribe, some personal information such as gender and date of birth – so we can send recommendations tailored to you.
We do this by using cookies (although the information we gather through our cookies remains anonymous, so we cannot tell who you are). See our Cookies Policy for more information on what a cookie is and how we use them on our website.
Once you register or log in or submit information through our website we will know who you are and your activities on this website and information about you and/or your company may be recorded on our systems. For example, we may ask for the following information when you submit an online enquiry, register for our newsletter, subscribe or create an account:
- your name;
- email address;
- billing address;
- country where you are based or purchasing our products/services from;
- date of birth;
We may also collect personal information from you at trade shows/events, from surveys, telephone calls and/or other correspondence with you.
We may receive information about you and your activities on and off Marquee from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services.
Third party cookies may be delivered to you and the third-party cookies may be used to provide a more targeted advertising experience both on and off of Marquee, including via platforms including Google and Facebook.
We do not store your billing address, billing country or any payment information – this is held securely by the payment processor who is fully PCI compliant.
We may also ask for payment information, i.e. the details of the payment card you are using to pay for any products/services. This type of information is processed strictly in accordance with relevant payment card industry standards.
Where a purchase is made via in app purchase, this will be used in the app purchase mechanisms via Apple, Google, Amazon, and Roku.
5. WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. We use this information for a number of different reasons. The main reason we use this information is to provide you with the website and our products and services (whether available via the website or offline). We also use the information for:
- internal record keeping;
- product and service development;
- developing our website;
- answering your queries or complaints;
- market research; and
- marketing our own products and services to you.
6. COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We collect non-Personally Identifiable Information (non-PII) through our website using cookies, web beacons, and tags for the purpose of delivering personalized advertising both on this site, and through partnerships with third-party organizations, across other sites on the Internet.
If you would like to find out more about cookie based personalized advertising and / or opt-out of receiving cookies that enable personalized advertising, please consider the following links:
- In the USA
- In Europe
We would like to provide you with information about Marquee’s products and services, and other information which we think you may find interesting. We may send you such information by post, email and/or telephone unless you have asked us not to do so.
If you are a customer of ours, have signed up to receive Marquee emails or have previously asked us for information on our products and services, we may send you information by email. However, in every marketing email message we send you we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailings altogether.
We do not provide your personal identifiable information to external organizations (i.e. outside of the Company) for their own marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
If at any time you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you decide that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, please either follow the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing email messages or contact us at email@example.com.
8. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY PERSONAL DATA?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. The following will be used to determine how long it is kept:
* As long as you remain a paying customer of Marquee Arts Ltd or a subscriber to one of our marketing or newsletter emails.
9. WHO DO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your personal information with third party companies who help us provide and improve our services or who use advertising or related products, which makes it possible to operate our company.
We want our advertising to be as relevant and engaging as the other information you find on Marquee. With this in mind, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant ads. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like your name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you.
We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them.
We may also share your personal information with a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business.
In some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it.
10. HOW TO GET COPIES OF OR AMEND THE INFORMATION WE HAVE COLLECTED
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as we can.
You may opt out of third party cookies via the Digital Advertising Alliance website – www.aboutads.info
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, including secure data storage facilities and electronic password protection.
If at any point you suspect or become aware of a security incident (i.e. your password is stolen, or you receive suspicious communication from someone holding themselves out to be a Marquee Arts employee or from a dupe website claiming to be affiliated with Marquee), please forward the communication to us or report the incident by email to email@example.com
12. LINKING TO OTHER WEBSITES